Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmastime is HERE!!!

I don't know about you, but I LOVE Christmastime! It such an amazing time of year with all the family and Christmas decorations, but most importantly it celebrates when our Savior was born. I get so frustrated because we all get so wrapped up in what Christmas has been turned into... finding gifts for this person, what am I going to get that person, holiday parties, and what am I getting?? The real reason we celebrate Christmas is because Christ came to earth to DIE for us! I still can't comprehend it some days, and am SOOOO grateful for His sacrifice!!!

After taking my GMAT I decided I needed something relaxing to do so I decided to put up my Christmas tree. What was I thinking?? Did I forget how many lights I put on the tree? Both Brian and Mackenzie were in bed when I finished with the lights, and I was about to wrap up and I remembered I told Mackenzie she could help me with the ornaments. If you have or ever have had a 2 yr old, you know that promising a 2 yr old something and then hoping they will forget doesn't work... So I knew it was best to wait until picking her up from Wanda's to put on the ornaments.

She had a good time putting the ornaments on the tree! Until she got bored! Did I mention she's 2 1/2 and has a age appropriate attention span? :) I love it when she looks at me and says "Mom the Christmas tree is beautiful!" (She says beautiful so cool!)

Can you tell what her favorite ornament was?


Can you tell how excited she was about the Razorback ornament??? Yes we're raising our kiddo right!!! Woo Pig Sooie!!

This was the ornament Charlie and I always fought over putting on the Christmas tree growing up. I'm still not sure why but I love the fact the ornament ended up at my house!! Guess that's the benefit of being the older sibling who had a family first. :)

No comments: