Thursday, December 2, 2010

Big Boy Walking

Tuesday night Dylan took 2 steps while I had my hands underneath his arms just in case he wobbled... I didn't get too excited because I wasn't 100% sure whether it was momentum that actually caused him to take the steps or if it was his actual first steps! (No I'm not an overanalyzer at all... Ha!)

Wednesday when I went to pick up Dylan from Wanda's house, she said "I have something to tell you, but I'm afraid you'll get mad." I said, "He walked didn't he!" She said yep! He took two or three steps several times between their couch and chair and also between the couch and a side table. So at that point I knew it hadn't been "momentum" the night before! So I actually did get to see his first steps!! Whoo Hoo!!

Anyway, after we got home, I tried to get him to walk to Brian and vice versa... but no luck! I knew I had a secret weapon though... Mackenzie! After she got home from Cubbies I told her what happened at Wanda's and she was so proud she went over and gave Dylan hugs and said "Good job Dylan!!" Which prompted a "Be Gentle Mackenzie! He's a baby!" from me... I asked if she wanted to see if he'd walk to her and she said "YEAH!!" So after he stopped being distracted by his reflection in the stove he did it!! He took two steps to his Big Sister! She was soooo excited! Especially since she was the first one (as far as she knew!)

I tried to get it on the Flip, but couldn't quite catch it. Then Brian ended up with him and out of the blue he ended up walking a few steps to me as you can see in the video below. Enjoy some of my babies first steps!!

No comments: