Thursday, May 5, 2011

Beth V Photography Class: Day 13 "Juxtaposition"

The assignment for today (or a couple of days ago) was Juxtaposition... Or placing the elements in a photo for comparing or contrasting them. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do or what I was going to take a picture of. Then tonight it hit me!

I'd been obsessing about this blondie recipe that I found earlier in the week all week long!! But I kept resisting the temptation to make them because I didn't need to eat them. Welllll... tonight I was taking dinner to friends who had a baby last week and it hit me... I should make the blondies!! There was my excuse!!!

Then after dinner Mackenzie and I were making treat bags for her party this weekend, and she said "Can I have a banana for desert?" How do I say no to fruit?

And as a result, my picture... My idea of desert, UNHEALTHY and Mackenzie's idea of desert (alot of the time) HEALTHY. Can we get more contrast?

I'm not thrilled with the lighting but it was the best I could come up with at 8:45 at night! I put everthing on the ottoman and turned the overhead light on, and used white card stock for the background.

ISO 800, 1/50, f/5.6







1 comment:

bethany said...

Perfect! And what a great excuse for making treats! :)