Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'm reading this book... But that's a whole different post.


The short version is, that this book has caused me to drastically shift my perspective. I've always been thankful for the blessings God has given me, but this book has shifted my perspective to be thankful for the things you wouldn't expect to be thankful for. Again, the very short version! Wait for the full post when I finish the book. (After the crazy birthday party weekend.)

For example: (in no particular order and from various days of writing down my thanksgivings)

1. My husband's grin from across the room.

2. The feel of new socks.

3. Eyes that disappear into cheeks when grinning.

4. Afternoon naps.

5. Moms that still do "The Mama Thing" even though I'm now a Mama too.

6. Good chapstick.

7. Towels warm out of the dryer.

8. Paid Sick Leave.

9. A pastore who speaks his heart.

10. A successful "minding" weekend.

11. A messy house.

12. How good a deep sigh sometimes makes you feel.

13. Sun shining after days and days of rain.

14. Good "bad" TV.

15. Giggling kids. Especially when they are giggling at each other.

Just a few of the things I'm thankful for. Many Many more I've written down, and many too personal to share hear. But HE knows them.

No comments: