Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Big Girl Haircut

I've been needing to get Mackenzie's hair cut for a while. She's only had one other haircut and that was when she was about 3 1/2. She really needed to get it cut and evened up in the back. I knew we were going to have to get about 5 inches or so cut off to even it up, and I was completely ok with it... until I saw it afterwards. Then it made me kinda sad! :( It's really cute and our friend Monica did a great job and did exactly what I asked for... It just surprised me that it bothered me since I was totally fine with it before I saw the "after".

Tonight when I was brushing her hair after her bath I teared up! It was so much shorter that I had to fight back crying! Silly! Its really precious and she just LOVES it!! I'm just having one of my mommy moments!

I wish I had gotten an official before picture but again I didn't think it would bother me enough to get a before. (And if you really know me, that should tell you how much I thought I'd be unaffected by it.)


Here's a pic from last night when she was jumping around like crazy with her unbrushed post bath hair.


The front doesn't really look different because it was pretty much the same length before she got it cut. (The reason we were getting it cut)

Get ready... this is pretty dramatic


Now do you see why I was fighting tears?? Such a big girl haircut! Doesn't help that her curls seems to be becoming a thing of the past...

2 comments:

Ashley N said...

I think her curls are here to stay...look how curly it still is in the front around her face. Mattie's was curly, as you remember, but everytime we've cut it, it loses more and more of it, and now it's basically gone except for a slight wave.

I LOVE the new cut, she looks like a doll! But, I understand the tears...I cut Mattie's last October myself when Presley was new and my horomones were, lets say imbalanced. Long story short, I chopped off more than I intended to, and made myself cry...she looked so much older all the sudden. Long comment, sorry!

Magen said...

its super cute!