Monday, August 23, 2010

Day of Firsts

Today has been a day of firsts in the Kennebeck house! It's made this Mommy kinda sad, but also proud all at the same time!

Today our precious big girl started 4 year old preschool! Yeah I know school started last Thursday but we were on vacaation so she didn't start until today. I wanted some really cute pictures of her on her swingset this am, but it was SOAKING wet in the backyard after yesterday's downpour. So I had to settle for pics of her in Dylan's room and outside in the driveway on the way to school. (I wanted a pic so desperately I didn't care where it was!)


She wanted her first pic in the bed with her brother, who she was playing with before we left. I think its a precious picture!!



She wanted to take another pic in the glider in his room, not standing up. Check out the totally  mismatched flip flops... but hey I was trying to keep her in a good mood this am! :)



I wish I'd been able to take the pics I wanted, but this was the best I could get when it was 7:40 and soaking wet everywhere outside! My big girl!!

The other first today is Dylan's! He FINALLY had his first tooth break thru his gums today! The poor boy has been battling it for WEEKS and finally on the way home from vacation went into FULL ON teething mode! (I mean 6 COUNT THEM 6 poopy diapers during the drive home!) He's cutting both his bottom teeth at the same time and the left one finally broke thru tonight! We could see them both and feel them both for the last several days and finally tonight it happened! I expect the other one tomorrow and then the precious boy should be able to get some relief! (Pics too come as soon as there is something to see! I have to pry his mouth open to see anything!)

My babies are growing up!

No comments: