Thursday, April 14, 2011

Beth V Photography Class: Day 4 "Out"

Day 4's assignment was to take a picture outside. We got tips on how to take pics in "open shade" to get good pictures regardless of what time of the day it is. Unfortunately by the time I get home at night, most of the good light for taking pictures is gone, so I'm excited to try out these new tips and tricks this weekend.

In the meantime I'm posting a pic I took of Dylan this week from the outside looking into our sunroom. It took a little while for me to get the shot, because I was trying to get enough sun on his face where you could make out the pic while also fighting the constant movements of a 14 month old. He thought it was fun to run away everytime I got close! Silly boy! I am thrilled with the way the pic turned out but even more so the way it looks like his face is squished against the screen even though he was squished up against the window. ( Please ignore the head shaped shadow that you see on his shirt... Ha!)


ISO 400, 1/80, f/5.6
I've attached a pic of Mackenzie that I took this weekend while she was swinging in the back yard. I guess you could call it "open shade" so maybe this one is more in line with the "assignment". But again not really... Have I mentioned how much I enjoy that this class is laid back and I won't get slapped on the hand for my interpretation of the assignment? Ha!


ISO 400, 1/160, f/5.6

No comments: