Saturday, April 16, 2011

Outside, Let's try this again... :)

So today I decided to take a shot at the "real" assignment from earlier in the week... Taking pictures outside at any time of the day using the tips and tricks I learned.

I tried to get Mackenzie to cooperate to take pictures, while Nana and Pop distracted her and tried to trick her into looking my way... Not much luck on that front! Although the best try we had was when Nana counted while I snapped away. The pictures turned out ok, but still not totally thrilled with them. The fake smile I was getting didn't exactly help that. Ha! I suggested her making a silly face and told her she didn't have to smile, but she said , nah!


ISO 400, 1/60, f/5.6

This shot I actually got a real smile, plus I like the different perspective in this picture as well. I get bored with the same straight on centered shot very easily, so I'm always playing around with perspective... tilting the camera, getting at a different angle, etc.

When I was happy with my pictures was when I started snapping shots of Dylan while, him, Nana and Mackenzie were swinging. Thanks to Pop for the waving he did behind me that got the best shots! For the record I'm also thrilled with the # of pics I got that were clear and crisp, maybe I'm starting to get that down a little more. At least on swinging... inside while running... still needs some work. On another note, there were plenty of shadows where they were sitting, but because little dude is short in proportion to everybody else, none of the shadows were on his face! All are taken at ISO 400, 1/200, f/5.6.






No comments: