Thursday, July 8, 2010

Big Sister

Just like all parents with more than one kiddo, we hoped that Mackenzie would love her baby brother to pieces, be a big help, and not have any major jealousy issues.


Well we got lucky on all 3 accounts!!

We had a feeling after watching Mackenzie when I was pregnant that she was going to be a wonderful big sister! And after Dylan made his appearance she is such a good big sister! She's not big on holding him and never really has been (She says, "OK, I'm done. He's heavy!" And he is... Ha!) but she is ALWAYS loving on him, giving him kisses, and hugs! When she's talking to him I have to remind her that she doesn't have to get all in is face ALL the time. She can get him laughing like nobody else can! She gets him giggling so hard he won't stop and he just flings his arms and legs around because he's so excited to see her! She LOVES that she's the only one that can get him "rolling" consistently!

She's always there to give him his paci, help calm him down if he's upset, talk to him, play with him, make him giggle and even sometimes to throw away diapers (as long as they are tee-tee diapers). If she hears him crying she has to come running to try to calm him down. She comes running and says "It's me sissy! I'm here, its ok!!" And then she looks at me and says "See he was happy to see his sissy!" It's the most precious thing ever and just melts my heart! I know as he gets older she'll continue to be a big help. Even though one day I know they'll start fighting I'm enjoying these moments of sweet big sisterness (yeah its a word...)!!

Here are some pictures of them doing one of their favorite things... playing! I'm not sure how much of it is Mackenzie playing with Dylan or playing with her old baby toys. Ha! Such precious moments! We cherish every one of them!


1 comment:

Ashley N said...

We both got lucky with our sweet big sister girls! I had to laugh when you said you have to remind her not to get right in his face...us too! She's right in PK's face and loud. I'm always saying "be gentle with her, use soft hands, not so loud, get out of her face, give her some space"