Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My New Loves (Non Family related...)

Over the last few months I've discovered two new loves... Sadly for me I don't have near enough time to do either like I want. (But hopefully with BK starting his new job and awesome schedule I'll have more free time for me.)

One of my new loves is blogging! (duh!) Back when Mackenzie was little I started this blog just for the heck of it and to keep up with hilarious stories and the normal stuff that happened in our house. Now not only do I love writing on my blog but I also have quite a few blogs that are my daily reads that I have withdrawals if I don't read on a daily basis!! Again, I wish I had more time...

My other new love is photography. I have two precious little subjects running around my house that I just cant seem to get enough pictures of! I've been a crazy picture taker ever since Mackenzie was born, but back before her birthday I got a Nikon SLR and I LOVE it! I just wish I had more time to figure out how to take the pictures that the camera is capable of taking! And now lately... I want to learn how to edit my pictures to make them even better! I downloaded some Photoshop Actions from one of my favorite blogs and now I'm playing with them and hope to learn how to create them myself... but again, lack of time! :) If you are interested check out Pioneer Woman's Photoshop Actions here.

Here are some of the simple things I've done to one of my favorite pictures of Mackenzie from the 4th of July.


Straight out of the camera (SOOC)


PW Action Sets - Sharpen This & Bring Out the Eyes 


Soft & Lovely (plus actions above)


Heartland (plus the others)


BW Beauty (And guess what...)

No comments: