Friday, October 10, 2008

Day 3 - Universal Studios


We spent Day 3 of our amazing adventure at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. We had a good time, but I remember having more fun last time I was th ere. Maybe it was the fact that Universal is NOT kid friendly or the fact that it rained for a LONG time in the afternoon and we had to hide out in shops for a while before we decided we were tired of the shop we were in and wanted to switch to another one... and got REALLY wet! We started out the day really good by riding a couple of kiddo rides, and got to meet Shrek, Fiona, & Donkey. (For those who don't know, Mackie loves Shrek!)

Donkey was HILARIOUS! He talked to the kids and parents in his normal "donkey way", with jokes and smart alek comments. Even funnier than that was the comments he amde about people who were walking by when there weren't kids to pose with. We were rolling! We could have stood and listened to him for hours!


We also met Curious George, and I thought Mackie would be thrilled because she loves his movie, but at the point we were well on our way to unhappy kiddo... It was hot, and she was hungry and sleepy! (I was definately praying for a nap that day! It was either that or I lost my mind completely!) Well as you can tell she wasn't thrilled, but we had our picture taken anyway.
Mitchell is a HUGE Spongebob fan, so we HAD to make sure he could meet Spongebob! From looking at the pics I think Mackie enjoyed meeting Spongebob too. I stayed outside with Rylee while she slept so both Heather and Lorne could enjoy Mitchell's favorite moment.

One of the things I was looking forward to most was taking Mackie to Dr. Suess land in Islands of Adventure, but go figure by the time we got over there it started raining big time!! We loved it last time we were there and my favorite pic was of us on the carouseussel! We rode the carouseussel during the downpour. Munchkins seemed to like it, but I was so disappointed because I couldn't get a good n on-blurry pic! :( We rode the Dr. Suess train ride thing, that was NOT a hit... think she cried the whole time. She seemed to like the Cat in the Hat ride, but we got in trouble for taking pics so I only got 1 pic... Mackenzie would have LOVED being able to play in the awesome playground in Dr. Suess Land, but again... RAIN RAIN AND MORE RAIN!

The adults did enjoy getting to ride some adult rides that day. I think overall everyone agreed that the Incredible Hulk ride was the best one over all!! Since we were wet, and the kids were whiny, not to mention we were on Day 3 of the insanity we called it an early night and ate dinner at the hotel.

No comments: